ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Joining the AMG world? Need info on ML55 please!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 PM
srm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 ML55
Joining the AMG world? Need info on ML55 please!!!

I am looking to buy an SUV, but am reluctant to give up my love for performance and german cars in general....so naturally I came across a ML55 and fell in love with it...and I'm talking about the drooling kind of love since it IS an SUV after all. Hope I can pick it up in the next couple days.

Did quite a bit of research on these, so even though it has 94k miles, a bunch of good reviews and the fact that it is a MB and chain-driven engine are giving me some reassurance.

Can you, as ML55 owners, point me to what major problems are common and what I should pay closer attention to during the buy?
What does Service B cover, when is it due, and can it be done in my garage with normal tools you'd expect from a weekend-DIY guy?
Any clue on whether insurance rates for the ML55 are drastically different from...say a ML320?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what the insurance rates would be compared to an ML320, but I can tell you that my insurance rates with myself, 26, and my wife, 21, is $168 a month for full coverage. I suppose that's not too bad, considering I paid 12.5K. When I was 20 I bought a 98 Pontiac Trans Am, and the same coverage on it was $156 with a $14.5K purchase price.