Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
test drove the ml55 2003 on saturday

at a private lexus event on sat. drove the ml55, escalade, and acura mdx

worst -> best

mdx, escalade, ml55

mdx is a honda civic minivan, so bad, feels like a 2.3 V4 V-tech engine, this car is like a 16 year old ricer car, but somehow it is a SUV, absolute garbage, yet i expected so much

escalade is a pinto-material, odometer had 500 miles and the leather had crack lines and folds all in the bottom part of it, inside interior is garbage (0 out of 10) and the ride feels like a pinto

ml55 handles like my s-class, the steering wheel turns like the s-class, the shifting is not as good as my s-class, but very close, the whine of a supercharged v-8 is something to be adored, ride is that of my s-class too, interior can be improved, however its a first-time model of ML although i dont like the look of the ml, it is a true mercedes.

Off topic:
Lexus interior is so much better vs. mercedes, I didnt get to drive one, but I would say that the shifting is not as good and I dont know about the steering, ever been in a sc430? everything is leather, and not just regular leather, leather on top of your dash and on your seat belt holders are "plush" you can push it in. Also the leather is on the visors, real nice, real nice leather, amazing interior, leaves benz in the dust, however on the lines of reliability and looks and reputation, it cannot match up.