ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

How rigorous is the Mercedes CPO inspection?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML63 AMG
How rigorous is the Mercedes CPO inspection?

The reason I ask is that I have had my ML63 since December 23, 2011, and in around 2 months and 2000 km, I have already had to repair the transfer case, which was leaking pretty badly after only 1 month.

Good thing I had an aftermarket warranty or would be out $1000. Was only out $200 as aftermarket warranty did not cover ATF or shop supplies. Also paid an extra couple 100 for a trannys service "since they were in there already". Probably paid twice for something they had to do as part of the transfer case repair.

Just curious though if something like the transfer case leak should have been caught by the inspection.

Also, I have had to replace the front lowbeam, which was intermittent re the on and off warning light almost immediately. Between that and an oil change and a cabin air filter change and something else scheduled that was another $600.

Does Mercedes run these tests before putting the vehicles to auction to dealers? Is there anyway I can check that the vehicle was indeed CPO?

Love the ride, but don't want to be spending $1000 every month on repairs beyond what extended warranty covers.