ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Rookie Mistake :-(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 ML63 AMG
Rookie Mistake :-(

What an idiot... went on vacation for 6 weeks, left my remote car starter turned on (which has built in cell phone capability) and it drained the battery

It's a keyless go, never checked the key ACTUALLY WORKS IN THE LOCK and discovered today, it doesn't.

I've got a spare key for it at my girlfriend's house so I'm hoping the hard key that's slotted into that key, works... otherwise I guess it's to MB to order another key and hope the Driver Side door lock hasn't been changed from standard?

Any other locks on the car? Any way to get to the battery posts under the hood if the hood is slammed shut and vehicle locked? If I can get power to it I can get the battery charging and use the remote key.

It's the W164 by the way...

Arggghhhh I am so annoyed with myself what a stupid stupid mistake..!!!!

Last edited by Latz; 06-12-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
/
Gotta love technology! Good luck with that, wish I could help. Bust a window, claim it was a meteorite. Can't help but think some engineer somewhere is laughing as he thinks about all the people who will be smacking themselves in the head as they stand outside their locked car. In the rain. At night. On a deserted street...except for three guys walking your way. Maybe they'll help. I need help.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jerryswfl
Gotta love technology! Good luck with that, wish I could help. Bust a window, claim it was a meteorite. Can't help but think some engineer somewhere is laughing as he thinks about all the people who will be smacking themselves in the head as they stand outside their locked car. In the rain. At night. On a deserted street...except for three guys walking your way. Maybe they'll help. I need help.
to be fair, it was my fault.. I left an aftermarket piece of kit left on in the car AND didn't check the key worked in the lock when I bought the car ..... I've just got to find a way to get back into it without damaging it too much!

Am I right in saying the only door lock that can take a key is on the driver side door on a North American W164 ML63 AMG? ... Would appreciate it if someone could confirm as my owners manual is locked in the car too!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
I don't understand why the little skeleton key inside your keyless go key doesn't match up with the car. Did you buy it used?

Did you check to see if the girlfriend's key works yet?

Also, you're in luck that the skeleton key only costs about $20 from the dealer HOWEVER, they require a copy of your registration and your photo ID which they must photocopy and send over to MB's key facility before they can send you another key. However, I highly suspect that this is locked inside your car as well. Maybe you should call the dealer and ask what they might suggest in this situation.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
boo vinyl guy