ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

2000 ML55 BAS Problem AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 55 AMG
2000 ML55 BAS Problem AGAIN!

OK, I see alot of threads on here with the same semptoms, mine has a catch.

At firsrt i was getting the BAS light then BAS light with Traction control light with no change in performance.

On the way to dealership the ABS on the front left wheel activated with BAS and Traction control lights and then 10 miles later locked up again without any lights on the dashboard. The brake lamp switch was replaced under recall. This did not solved the problem

The dealer scaned the vehicle and said it was the Internal Brake Release Switch/Sensor inside the brake booster.

The brake light switch has already been replaced by dealer less than a month when the lights first came on. My pedal is soft but no hissing. I am no mechanic but I fail to understand how the brake booster can make a single wheel lock up. I dont have the money for the dealership to be playing guessing games.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
W163 ML500 w/Kleeman headers (gone but not forgotten); R63
Originally Posted by bmtdf
OK, I see alot of threads on here with the same semptoms, mine has a catch.

At firsrt i was getting the BAS light then BAS light with Traction control light with no change in performance.

On the way to dealership the ABS on the front left wheel activated with BAS and Traction control lights and then 10 miles later locked up again without any lights on the dashboard. The brake lamp switch was replaced under recall. This did not solved the problem

The dealer scaned the vehicle and said it was the Internal Brake Release Switch/Sensor inside the brake booster.

The brake light switch has already been replaced by dealer less than a month when the lights first came on. My pedal is soft but no hissing. I am no mechanic but I fail to understand how the brake booster can make a single wheel lock up. I dont have the money for the dealership to be playing guessing games.
Find a good independent. If you tell us where you are located, someone nearby may have a recommendation for you.

Regards,
Jerry
Old 07-28-2012, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 55 AMG
Richmond VA 23231