Newbie Please Help, Trying To Join The MB AMG Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Acura TL Navi
Newbie Please Help, Trying To Join The MB AMG Club

Hello all,

I just joined as I moved back to the rust belt (for those of you that are from somewhere nice, that would be the salt city (where I grew up) and nearbye places). I have always marveled at the toughness, stability, and lifespan of MB. A life changing experience was with a new 500sl convertable that my friends family owned. UNREAL! Solid as a rock at very, very high speeds. I have been/driven driven a number of wonderful ones.

As I have just joined this forum a little about myself (please feel free to move lower on this post):
I am a mechanical engineer from a New York State University. I have done automotive engineering for almost every vehicle manufacturer in the world at some point.
My Mercedes project work I traveled/lived in Germany. I have driven almost all brands of autobahn vehicles known to man. The safest, best machines are MB, awsome!

As I wish to purchase an AMG SUV, the ML55 seems perfect. I have an offer pending. Please provide feedback, and knowledge.

2001 110K
No cancer(rust) other than small rock chips on front of hood
Rear wiper a little sticky. Not sure if sprayer works
Navi/radio unit screen just has vertical lines (I assume just replace it) Is their an aftermarket unit that can replace it with modern tech)?
Not driving crazy, the brake pedal true stopping position seems to be towards the floor. Rotors seem smooth, no steering woble like they are warped. Just seems like the engage until towards the floor. Is this normal?
If I bleed them will this improve?

I welcome any feedback. My intention is to buy a ml66 in the next year or 2, but I need to start somewhere.

Thank You for ant feedback.