ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

YachtLight Special | Mercedes ML63 AMG on HRE TR45's | #WheelsBoutique

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ml550
That’s cool.. too bad it’s not proprietary information. If that’s the hook you are using to earn a new customer I would say it’s laughable.. but it’s actually very sad. Thanks for letting me know who I won’t be buying wheels from.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:22 PM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by Joe Meatball
That’s cool.. too bad it’s not proprietary information. If that’s the hook you are using to earn a new customer I would say it’s laughable.. but it’s actually very sad. Thanks for letting me know who I won’t be buying wheels from.
HRE does not typically share wheel specifications unless an ordered is placed. This is not exclusive to HRE either - all of the major custom wheel brands have the same stance. I copied & pasted a response that HRE posted a few years ago as to why they don't openly share this information:

We get asked this question a lot so let me shed a bit of light on it. The most simplistic answer without going crazy into detail would be that we spend a significant amount of money in R&D to verify offsets, fitment, what tire sizes work, and so forth, for each individual vehicle. That proprietary information that we retain from posting on forums or anywhere else for that matter (aside from FlowForm where offsets are public information), is because we don't want to give away that information for free. We don't want to hide this information from the end consumer who ultimately buys wheels - which is why if you purchase a set of wheels, you'll know the offsets - it's primarily because we don't post that information for other companies and manufacturers to take for themselves.

Ultimately for those who are interested in purchasing a set, if you see a picture of a vehicle with the most perfect fitment, the easiest thing to do is save that picture, and we can ultimately verify what fitment was used, and build that exact diameter, width, offset whatever you'd like, for your set too.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ml550
I was asking out of curiosity. This a Mercedes forum where information is shared for everyone’s benefit. If I took the time to realize this is commercial thread, then I probably shouldn’t have bothered asking.

This isn’t rocket science. It’s wheels that go on a car..people have been doing this since the late 1800’s.... matter of fact. It took me all of 20 seconds to find:

https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

carry on....