ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Best tune for W166 ML63? - Did the research, still undecided!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 04:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Cayenne S
Best tune for 2009 ML63? - Did the research, still undecided!

Seems there are quite a few options, EC, OE, LOGICLAB... I can't decide which is best, EC seems to get more love, but I'd appreciate some more recent feedback, thanks guys!

Last edited by Kelvin07; 01-17-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 MB ML63 AMG
I wish I could tell you to try one over the other but my motor has not been broken in yet so I have not started the process of mods. EvoII_Racer is running a Vath tune and Nanook is running a Renntech tune. Both of them have been very happy with their choices.
Euro, AMS, Renntech, OE, Vath and a few others have a tune. They all seem to be around the same HP and TQ. I too am undecided but still have some time.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 Estate
I have a W164, and i am running an OE Tune, and very happy with it.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
The below is my opinion:

-I have been tuning all my mb @ Vath and their products are just amazing but you need to be in Europe it's better... Quality/price if upgrade are insane just cf parts are expensive.

-since you are closer to the US I would go with a well know tuner, Renntech because they make incredible products IMO.

You could also chose Brabus or Weistec or even Alpha Performance they seem to offer sick stuff but no direct experience with them even if the look of their upgrade alone are incredible!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
In the US eurocharged does the highest volume by far. They have more experience than anyone tuning the ECUs, and their newest V4 tune also improves shifting quality as well in the transmission all through the engine ECU tune.

I've had, V1, V3 and V4 so I have felt the progression and I can say they do a fantastic job of tuning methodically. When I get my biturbo ML63 (most likely next year), I will be getting the eurocharged tune.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by ML63 AMG
In the US eurocharged does the highest volume by far. They have more experience than anyone tuning the ECUs, and their newest V4 tune also improves shifting quality as well in the transmission all through the engine ECU tune.

I've had, V1, V3 and V4 so I have felt the progression and I can say they do a fantastic job of tuning methodically. When I get my biturbo ML63 (most likely next year), I will be getting the eurocharged tune.
Thank you, sir.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by EVOII_Racer
The below is my opinion:

-I have been tuning all my mb @ Vath and their products are just amazing but you need to be in Europe it's better... Quality/price if upgrade are insane just cf parts are expensive.

-since you are closer to the US I would go with a well know tuner, Renntech because they make incredible products IMO.

You could also chose Brabus or Weistec or even Alpha Performance they seem to offer sick stuff but no direct experience with them even if the look of their upgrade alone are incredible!
Thank you!