ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

BG Fuel Injector Cleaner Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 07:13 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
Thumbs up BG Fuel Injector Cleaner Service

Now that the cars tune and mods are fully sorted out Iw anted to do some final touches on the maintenance of the vehicle to bring it back to 100%. Decided to go ahead and do the oil change (1 year 6k miles prior). Since Iw as going to do the oil change I decided it would be the perfect time to do a full Fuel injector cleaner service because our 6.3L motors build up so much carbon.

I performed the BG Fuel Injector cleaner service on one of my older AMGs a few years back and was shocked how much of a difference it made. Even using Seafoam injector cleaner regularly, it still made a massive difference because it cleans the valves and inside the cylinders better than anything else by pumping high quality gas filled with detergents directly into the stock fuel rails using pressure and making sure everything is spotless and eliminating all of the carbon buildup.

Benefits
- improved fuel economy
- restores lost power
- eliminated engine hesitation
- smoother idle
- more mid range performance

I definitely noticed much smoother operation and the idles is definitely super smooth now. I also noticed more midrange torque between 2500-4000rpm. Again, it doesn't "make" power in the typical sense, it just restores lost power due to carbon buildup (and remember this is directly after using two bottles of Seafoam just a month ago, benefits on a car that has not had any injector cleaner will be even greater.

Cost: less than $150

I had mine performed at Motorwerks in Houston for those interested in the Houston area.

Just FYI,
ML63 AMG