ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Yes or no MY13 ML63 w/performance pack? Why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Land Cruiser, 2013 ML63 PP
Yes or no MY13 ML63 w/performance pack? Why?

I'm considering either leasing or financing a MY13 ML63 with performance pack and wanted to know if I should beware of this AMG model as I've never owned one before. My wife loves the looks of it but I hate costly repair bills when I spend money that could be better served making money as that's my business instead of dumping it on repair bills. It is a CPO however so it's under warranty but we keep cars for 5-7yrs. I have read in reviews that the 21" wheels add a much harsher ride even in comfort mode which my wife already can't stand the M3 because of our Colorado potholes. Any real world owner opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 MB ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Rockymtnjoy
I'm considering either leasing or financing a MY13 ML63 with performance pack and wanted to know if I should beware of this AMG model as I've never owned one before. My wife loves the looks of it but I hate costly repair bills when I spend money that could be better served making money as that's my business instead of dumping it on repair bills. It is a CPO however so it's under warranty but we keep cars for 5-7yrs. I have read in reviews that the 21" wheels add a much harsher ride even in comfort mode which my wife already can't stand the M3 because of our Colorado potholes. Any real world owner opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
I would not worry too much about the ML63 ride with the 21's. It's def not going to be as rough as an M3 that's for sure. I have the 20's but have owned many a vehicle in the past with plus sized wheels, its truly in the suspension geometry. In Sport+ its really not bad at all over bumps. Myself I will be moving up to a 22'' eventually.

As far as cost to repair you are doing a good thing to get a CPO car to offset any repair but it should go without saying if you have a major motor issue outside of warranty it will be expensive.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Land Cruiser, 2013 ML63 PP
Originally Posted by ChrisMclass
I would not worry too much about the ML63 ride with the 21's. It's def not going to be as rough as an M3 that's for sure. I have the 20's but have owned many a vehicle in the past with plus sized wheels, its truly in the suspension geometry. In Sport+ its really not bad at all over bumps. Myself I will be moving up to a 22'' eventually.

As far as cost to repair you are doing a good thing to get a CPO car to offset any repair but it should go without saying if you have a major motor issue outside of warranty it will be expensive.
I took the SUV to my wife's office to have her give it a spin and on the way I was floored on how well it drove and for us used to driving vehicles with stiff suspension this was absolutely comfortable, even in the stiffest setting. She was very happy as well and when she drove it "like an old lady" I told her to smash the pedal (I had it in sport mode) she throughout the biggest smile and giggle like she was 8 again. Yep, we are sold and she has a new sled for work.