ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Interesting discovery on parts pricing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 291 Likes on 200 Posts
2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
Interesting discovery on parts pricing...

I wanted to replace the caliper "plates" that read AMG. Figured they were just plates. Wrong. They're actually springs with the AMG plate welded to the pad spring.

I had originally priced them at MB Greenway here in Houston. They wanted $150 a piece. I declined.

Then a few weeks later I stumble onto the same part at MB of South Atlanta. Check it out: $75 each. I called MB Greenway and asked them to match the price. Said pricing is dictated by the company that owns the stealership.

So the next time you're looking for a part and want the best deal, you might want to call around before you buy.

Mine were worn and scuffed on my 08. They're due here Wednesday. I already have acquired EBC Red Stuff for all four corners. They intent is to disassemble, clean, spray with VHT Red paint and keep the plates brushed aluminum with black AMG lettering. Should look better than stock until I can afford a full set of Racing Brake Calipers, pads and steel lines. Already have the rotors.

Come on Christmas!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
This is what I did to my R63 Brakes (same hardware as your ML63): https://mbworld.org/forums/r63-amg-w...ml#post6023289

Yes you're right dealers all around have different prices. Even my three local ones all have prices that can vary as much as 25% from what I've observed from one another. It pays off to do your homework before buying form the stealer.