ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Kindly assist, pls read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML63
Exclamation Kindly assist, pls read

I am driving a 2013 ML63, when checking the engine oil gauge I saw it was low and it was due maintenance. I send it for engine oil change and upon receiving back I had a reading sayin " add one quart o engine oil", I tried ignoring it for a day and called the mechanic shop he told me it will disapear by itself, next day it was still giving me the same reading, and the engine signal went on, on my dash board. I added the quart of oil, but still have that signal on.

I need to know how to reset the engine signal on my dash board and see if it will come up again after adding the oil.

I work in Lagos-Nigeria and MB agents here are just bad, so I sent my ride to another "well known" shop. It cost me $522 to do the basic oil change, filter and plugs, I want to see if I can avoid sending it back again.

Cheers
Old 05-25-2015, 07:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
1994 S420 RIP (2/8/13), 06 CLS55, 02 ML55, 94 TT Supra, 89 Maserati 228, 911 Porsche Carerra
First I don't know that there is a need to reset a notification signal. That leaves a defective oil sensor (assuming your mechanic filled it properly but we'll get to that in a minute. You need to check the codes and if you don't have a scanner go buy a good one because it's as important to the proper service of the vehicle as the fluids it uses. You need to get and read the manual as that will tell you how to reset certain maintenance notifications. The mercedes Benz website may have your model. Download it and read it. Then put it in the car for reference if you have it on paper. It is your best friend.
As for your expense I recently had the plugs and wires changed in my ML55 meaning 16 wires and 16 plugs. Cost me 490US just for the parts and as a former mechanic who still works on his own vehicles the prices were not out of line. The quart low has me wondering if they changed the oil and filter. Did you get any parts back from the plugs change? Get a dipstick (eBay has them) stick it in the fill port and look at the oil. If it was just changed it should look like a honey gold color. But unless your sensor is defective one needs to question how a vehicle goes in one quart low with instructions to change the oil comes back one quart low. Good luck.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML63
Originally Posted by vvrjrlaw
First I don't know that there is a need to reset a notification signal. That leaves a defective oil sensor (assuming your mechanic filled it properly but we'll get to that in a minute. You need to check the codes and if you don't have a scanner go buy a good one because it's as important to the proper service of the vehicle as the fluids it uses. You need to get and read the manual as that will tell you how to reset certain maintenance notifications. The mercedes Benz website may have your model. Download it and read it. Then put it in the car for reference if you have it on paper. It is your best friend.
As for your expense I recently had the plugs and wires changed in my ML55 meaning 16 wires and 16 plugs. Cost me 490US just for the parts and as a former mechanic who still works on his own vehicles the prices were not out of line. The quart low has me wondering if they changed the oil and filter. Did you get any parts back from the plugs change? Get a dipstick (eBay has them) stick it in the fill port and look at the oil. If it was just changed it should look like a honey gold color. But unless your sensor is defective one needs to question how a vehicle goes in one quart low with instructions to change the oil comes back one quart low. Good luck.
Tnx a million for the advice, will start working on it. Cheers