ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Need your advice on price - ML55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need your advice on price - ML55

Hi - Since I drove an ML55 '01 a few weeks ago, I find myself visiting MB dealerships around town in search for a good deal. I need your advice on the price as I have seen a good margin between some cars. Here are my options:

1 - '01 ML55 Blk/Blk - all options including the Motorola timeport phone and 6disc CD - 16K - local car - clean history - $48K - not at MB dealer.

2 - At the MB dealership they have 3 remaining '01 ML55 that they want to get rid off. They offered me a silver/blk with the built-in entertainment system ($1,873 according to the website) plus CD changer for $59K. The vehicle has 2,200miles on it. Their argument is that it has never been titled - I get full new warranty and schedued maintenance...

What are your thoughts? is either one a good deal? What should I offer the dealership??

Thank you!
Albert
Old 04-22-2002, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML55
albertC,
I leased an 00 ML55 with 5,500 and had never been titled so MB dealership claimed it as new. 2k+ miles is not that bad, however, you need to make sure that MB will give you the 50K miles warranty or the 48 month deal. I've had a lot problems with mine and these cars are not cheap to repair especially when you are going back to the shop every month. Also remember that the vehicle already has 2K+ miles of wear and tear so in reality is not new! Since I actually leased it, I was not too concerned about the warranty because my lease will be over before the factory warranty expires. The '01 ML55 Blk/Blk deal is not that bad, the only thing is miles...16K is a bit high for a 2001, but then again the price compensates for it. I live in the Washington DC area and I've seen 2000 models go for more than 50K, so I guess you are not getting a bad deal (and fully equipped!). Personally, I would get something else, maybe an E55 or a regular ML500. Don't pay too much money for a car that breaksdown too much.......hope this helps....my two cents