ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Arnott = Junk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63
Angry Arnott = Junk

A word of caution to those out there who are thinking of replacing their air suspension with Arnott Industries struts and compressors.
https://www.arnottindustries.com

DON'T DO IT! DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

I replaced the bags in the back and the struts in the front with Arnott Industries product. Within a couple weeks the right front strut started rattling. They replaced the part but still out the labor. A month later the right side started to rattle. I thought okay warranty was each to get on the first one I will do the same thing. I get the second one covered and again have to pay for labor. At this time I figure I might as well replace my known to be working great compressor with theirs as a preventive measure. Another couple months go by and the left side starts to leak slowly. Bad part about this is my son was driving the car in South Carolina - a long way from home. The CEL comes on and the Air Suspension system failed. Turns out the front left strut blew apart and the compressor failed. This is all within 18 months. Arnott said they would the product again but I would have to send the parts back. Buy the new ones and then they would refund me the money once they received the defective parts. I will say they are nice people to deal with but their product is JUNK. I had European Road and Racing http://www.europeanroadandracing.com in SC replace the defective parts with MB OEM and everything has been working great since. Thanks to Karl.

When I bought the Arnott suspension I thought I was buying better then OEM - an upgrade to what I already had. Be warned, that is NOT the case. Buy the MB OEM.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 428 Likes on 353 Posts
MB’s
Sorry to hear this. Usually I hear good things about them.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG W204
Arnott is a china based "germany usa" product, what do you want from them?