W164 AIRMATIC PROBLEM HELP , PLEASE !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203
W164 AIRMATIC PROBLEM HELP , PLEASE !!!

Hello everybody,

One month ago i bought my w164 year 2007 4 matic 320 cdi . The second day noticed that both front airmatic suspension drop down.
For 24h both are down . When i start the car , compressor run for some second, as two suspensions gets up and than shuts down .

I can drive for all they without any problem , on in the morning is this symptom .
Decided to bring on garage , and they without testing anything , told me that two airsuspensions should exchange and also compressor . ( 1200$ ) :p
So i start doing something by my self .
Testing with soap foam , hose and ballon's look good . also in front of valve block is ok .

WHEN i remove hose from compressor to valve block , i found the leak , ... VALVE BLOCK turns air back to compressor .

Take two USED valve block , as in my country i did not find a new one , (buying from internet takes a lot of time) ,

There is no leak ,from valve block to compressor , BUT CAR DROPS AGAIN , on front air suspensions , the change is that when i open driver door without turning the car on , it gets up in normal state .

I'm stuck now and i dont know that to do.

Should i buy an new valve block from ebay ?

os i have an other problem on my car.

I will apreciate a lot every help from you .

Thank youuuu
Old 05-05-2020, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG - Golf r
Random drops - must be a valve ? Please help

Hey all,
I have a 2012 e63 and it drops the rear (only rear air suspension) randomly. Sometimes it stays up for a few days. Other times it drops over night. occasionally I put in sports suspension and it more regularly stays up.

I assume the only thing it could be is the valve Box. Any other leaks in bags or lines would lead to consistently dropping.

any other explanations. Thanks much for the help. Reluctant to start changing bags and lines without a clear cause.