ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

2006 ML 500 just bought and it has a few issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 500
Exclamation 2006 ML 500 just bought and it has a few issues

2006 ML 500 just bought it and taking possession tomorrow. It has a few issues/a few codes.
4JGBB75EX6A060964
Where do people get the build list for MB?

#1. A little dinged up on the hood where one of those smoked plastic bug/ hood deflectors would be able to hide it - so that was my idea and shopping at least 10 deflector brands of these - I can not find one for the hood.
#2. I want to buy window deflectors - dark tint. Weathertech has in-track window deflectors and I prefer stick on if anyone knows options.
#3. So I would buy those previous 5 pieces plus a sunroof deflector unless someone knows this to be a bad idea.
#4. I dislike my stock 5 spokes 19" MB wheels - I have time until spring to pick something really cool- My ML500 is black - so I think Chrome or brushed, maybe black or a crazy gold? Something to invigorate "Her" looks
#5 .the tailgate does not auto open up- there is some clicking noise in the rear and the light works on the tail door switch
#6. error code for door switch modules ?? Everything seems fine
#7. error code for steering wheel module?? What's that one cover?
#8. can we get Keyless Go for this year/model? I will test if the handle locks/unlocks. Where to get the ignition button cheaper than dealer?
#9. Thinking to see if I can get NAV working - it say on screen it is not reading disk- what's the plan to get these going? Are they junk and I should swap for new DVD stereo? Is there integration problems with new stereos?
#10. Was back up camera and option on these ?
Old 10-25-2018, 10:55 AM

ML 500
I am supposed to take possession on this Mercedes today and now I am second guessing myself as there are issues. I read a ton on the W134 and other Mercedes problems and wondered if there is only one compressor for lift door and AIRMATIC together? I know the rear lift door does not work - and I am not sure if the suspension AIrs up as described in the manual - I am going to try it this morning to see if it works- there is no manual in the car so I did not know to try it.

EDIT- I BOUGHT IT- NOW TO DEAL WITH THESE ISSUES.

Last edited by RealtorGordonB; 10-25-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:40 AM

ML 500
#1. I am thinking of going with a full Colgan car bra for the front- covers up a few paint issues, protects and I think it looks cool. Just trying to find the best price/option from Canada or USA.

have ordered all 4 corners of drill and slotted rotors and pads.
I don't like the front suspension, a little too worn out - so i was thinking to go to dealer for parts numbers - I assume I need struts as I don't have airmatic.
I will also figure out from dealer if Keyless Go is an option for me
Old 10-30-2018, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Sell it
Old 10-30-2018, 12:07 PM

ML 500
Originally Posted by Jan AMG
Sell it
I am really enjoying this vehicle- parts are low price online. Just bought 4 corners of drilled /slotted rotors for $220. There is nothing seriously wrong.
Why is your advice to sell it?
Old 10-30-2018, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Confucius once said: Your cheap Mercedes will the most expensive car you ever had.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:42 PM

ML 500
Originally Posted by Jan AMG
Confucius once said: Your cheap Mercedes will the most expensive car you ever had.
Lol, nice one

If it wasn't a blast to drive I would get rid of it- this 5 litre motor is crazy good.

It's going to become my winter vehicle- I think I can get 50,000 kms out of it before anything major and that will be 4 or 5 years.