ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

LAST MINUTE HELP PLEASE - BUY OR NO?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 500
LAST MINUTE HELP PLEASE - BUY OR NO?

I am supposed to take possession on this 2006 Mercedes ml500 today and now I am second guessing myself as there are known issues, but I am concerned about the airmatic now as I did not budget that into my purchase offer.

I read alot on the W134 and other Mercedes problems on this forum last night.

Can anyone tell me please if there is only one compressor for lift door and AIRMATIC together? I know the rear lift door does not work - and I am not sure if the suspension Airs up as described in the manual - I am going to try it this morning to see if it works- there is no manual in the car so I did not know to try it out.

How much is the retrofit to normal shocks and struts? Part numbers and is there any build threads on MBworld?

This is last minute looking for help before I drive to see vehicle.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 500
I felt like a squirley buyer this morning - I was ready to back out if need be. When I got to the car dealer, my ML500 was on the hoist receiving the agreed tire swap. Turns out it doesn not have Airmatic, it had solid shocks and struts. Makes me think I have a BASE model? SO I am driving it now and enjoying the quiet power. If I had been on the road alone and not in the crowd going down a big hill, that speed trap would have got me on day 1 of this new ride.