ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

W164 Harman Kardon speaker question... Oh, and an AC question too...!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML63AMG
W164 Harman Kardon speaker question... Oh, and an AC question too...!!

Can anyone please clarify what the deal is with the left and right front lower Harman Kardon speakers in a W164, are they actually any different...?? They have almost the same part number, right is same P/N but has-64 after it as an extra number which would lead you to believe they're different... However, as per the photo, whatever one you click on, left or right, it says the same Right Lower, Left Lower for positioning...
Are there even any aftermarket direct replacement speakers for the Harman Kardon...????

Also, can someone just confirm where the AC system dumps out the moisture please...?? Got a puddle appearing under my left front area after being parked, coolant level is ok tho... And I'd say it's water of some sort, not oil or any other fluid...!!

Thanking you kindly....

Old 04-08-2019, 04:12 PM

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 E 300 Coupe and 2019 GLS 400
I believe both front speakers are the same. As for a direct replacement, the front passenger speaker blew some time ago, and I replaced it with a Focal P165V15 6.5" mid speaker. The fit is direct, and the wire terminal fit nicely. The sound is great, I'd say better than HK!
As for the AC, the drain pipes are located beside the transmission tunnel on both sides. If you see water below the transmission it is AC condensation water. However, judging by your picture, I'd say it is most likely the windshield washer reservoir leaking or coolant.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML63AMG
Originally Posted by Solo wing
I believe both front speakers are the same. As for a direct replacement, the front passenger speaker blew some time ago, and I replaced it with a Focal P165V15 6.5" mid speaker. The fit is direct, and the wire terminal fit nicely. The sound is great, I'd say better than HK!
As for the AC, the drain pipes are located beside the transmission tunnel on both sides. If you see water below the transmission it is AC condensation water. However, judging by your picture, I'd say it is most likely the windshield washer reservoir leaking or coolant.
Awesome, thank you...
Does seem odd tbh re speakers, can't think what would make them different, even more so if you've replaced with after market, I'd imagine they're both exactly the same...!! Maybe I'll chance it and get one listed as Left on eBay, only $40 or so... Altho you're right, wouldn't take much for something else to sound better than the HKs...

It's going in to mechanic shortly, will ask him to check the leak... It only does it every now and then, no coolant warning so will assume it's leaky washer bottle...

Thanks again...!!