ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Life expectancy of the ML55??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life expectancy of the ML55??

Hi folks, I just got in the market for a used ML55...I have been lurking around the forum collecting specs and opinions but have a couple of questions:

1-has anyone really put a lot of miles (100K+) on their ML55; and if so, were there any major repairs needed?

2-what is the scheduled service interval (majors) and how much did they cost if performed by a MBZ dealer?

3-if kept up and serviced, how many miles do you anticipate getting out of yours?

Any other input you may have to assist in my search would be appreciated. I'm really torn between great buys on 2000/2001 ML55's with higher (65k+) mileage and shelling out more $$ for one with lower miles. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
1. ml's by law arent bulletproof... expect some fixes on the way.
2. 10k service intervals. about 300 to 500 bnucks for service, not including broken items.
3. its a benz, some people trade after a low mileage cause the problems seem to be never ending. ive owned several ml's, including two ml55's. overall i think its a great vehicle, but expect flaws.
stay away from higher mileage ones... just o for obvious reasons. i think paying a little extra out of the gate is going to be worth it later on.