ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Windows and hatch operation different

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 02:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 ml350
Windows and hatch operation different

Hello all , I’ve had my ml350 a coupl years now and have recently noticed that the windows will close and then go about 1/3 of the way down again. You can manually get them to close properly but you have to try a little too hard to do it. Ali the hatch will unlock but won’t rise by itself. My question is : is there something in the software that needs to be reset, and are or could the hatch issue be related. Any relevant responses are appreciated.
thanks
Charles
Old 02-04-2022, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 350 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
I'm not that familiar with the ML, but on most Mercedes vehicles, you reset the auto operation on the windows, sunroof, steering column, mirrors, etc., etc. with the same procedure.

With the window partly open, push and hold the window close button until the window closes plus three or four seconds. Release. Push and hold the window open button until the window fully opens plus three or four seconds. Repeat on each window, sunroof, etc.This procedure tells the DCM (Door Control Module) exactly where on the position sensor fully closed is, then exactly where fully open is.

Does your ML hatch use the gas-pressure struts to support/open the hatch? Or do you have the hydraulic system? If you have the hydraulic system, does the hatch also have the gas-pressure struts? If so, one or both struts may be too weak to help hold the weight. Rarely, the hydraulic system may be low on fluid.