ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Car won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG
Car won't start

I have a 2008 ML63 AMG drove car for ten minutes stoped at friends I went to get in car hit open door and the car won't respond normally the lights flash on and off on the mirrors I opened car with key the fob has a new battery in it it lights up red when I push buttons when I put key in ignition I can turn it but get no pre ignition lights on dash all other light radio work lots of power from battery I tried boosting the car nothing I'm at a loss please help thanks
Old 03-03-2022, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 350 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
Do you have two batteries? If so, are both good?
Old 03-03-2022, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by wallyp
Do you have two batteries? If so, are both good?
Car has two batteries both are good So I disconnected the negative cable and let the car sit for ten minutes and it rebooted the car and car fired right up then I scanned the car it's a bad Sam unit in the trunk I Found out these cars had a faulty seal around tail lights and they leak into spare tire holder where the sam unit is the codes are saying door open fuel Gage goes to empty then back up interior light says faulty apparently this unit can shut car down so I'm ordering one and having my buddy install it thanks for answering this group is awesome I've learned so much reading others issues and the replys