ML63 AMG (W166) 2011 -2015 (Replaced by GLE63)

Getting P0017 codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml63 , c63
Getting P0017 codes

Hey Guys, bought an '12 ML63 with renntech ecu and renntech lowering module heres my problems

I keep getting a p0017 crankshaft position-camshaft position correlation-bank 1 sensor B now the thing is when the code is stored/permanent the truck cranks for a longer period until start, and the eco mode doesn't show up on the dash thats when I know the code is there but sometimes the eco mode comes back up and the truck cranks/starts under one turn , I changed all 4 camshaft sensors but that didnt do anything and I changed 1 out of the 2 other round sensor on bank 1 which I tought it could be the problem since theres a big magnet but that didn't work.

Right now im trying to figure out what else could be the problem...
I listened under the hood when I start it in the morning to see if I could here the chains or something and nada, also the truck works fine and it pulls hard like nothing was wrong...

Ecu maybe?
Old 07-19-2017, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
Originally Posted by Alexbml63
Hey Guys, bought an '12 ML63 with renntech ecu and renntech lowering module heres my problems

I keep getting a p0017 crankshaft position-camshaft position correlation-bank 1 sensor B now the thing is when the code is stored/permanent the truck cranks for a longer period until start, and the eco mode doesn't show up on the dash thats when I know the code is there but sometimes the eco mode comes back up and the truck cranks/starts under one turn , I changed all 4 camshaft sensors but that didnt do anything and I changed 1 out of the 2 other round sensor on bank 1 which I tought it could be the problem since theres a big magnet but that didn't work.

Right now im trying to figure out what else could be the problem...
I listened under the hood when I start it in the morning to see if I could here the chains or something and nada, also the truck works fine and it pulls hard like nothing was wrong...

Ecu maybe?

Alex, try posting this in some of the other AMG forums that have the M157 engine.... not a lot of traffic in this specific forum

Mike