ML63 AMG (W166) 2011 -2015 (Replaced by GLE63)

Wheel Spacers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 08:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ml63
Wheel Spacers?

Hey guys! New here and am currently in the middle of getting my ML63 to where I want it to be. Ive noticed with lowering links the factory wheels are a little bit to tucked in for my liking. Has anyone ran spacers or can anyone recommend spacers that fit? Im finding a lot of spacers say they wont fit factory wheels for some reason.

Here are some pictures of my ML so far

Old 11-18-2017, 09:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ML63 AMG 13 SLK 55 SLK350 AMG kit 07
Tail pipes missing?
Lowering links will eat tyres on the inside, you would need to adjust the camber pushing to top of the tyre back out.
Mine is stock hight and on AMG sport + its all it needs for looks and ride.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ml63
Originally Posted by zenman63
Tail pipes missing?
Lowering links will eat tyres on the inside, you would need to adjust the camber pushing to top of the tyre back out.
Mine is stock hight and on AMG sport + its all it needs for looks and ride.
Thank you sir. The tail pipes were at powder coating. Im aware of needing an alignment post lowering and how camber and toe works. What I am looking for is wheel spacers recommendations in the form of brands that work with factory wheels.

Im glad you are content with how you vehicle currently looks. For me I am not and would prefer the wheels to be flush with the body line.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:36 PM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by zenman63
Lowering links will eat tyres on the inside, you would need to adjust the camber
But the fact is there is no front Camber or Caster to adjust OEM!

We saw the need therefore to reinstate from the early 90’s full and precise Front Camber and Caster (plus rear Camber and Toe that doubles the existing rear adjustment range).

Front kits designed to replace the ‘4’ lower arm (not upper) bushings therefore importantly still retaining top of tire to outer fender clearance.

For the “front only” you can purchase inaccurate one only offset position Caster bolts (not Camber). But they only offer a minimal 1/8” (3mm).

While the K-MAC unique patented design front kit is precise single wrench adjustment (accurately under load direct on alignment rack) resolving costly inner edge tire wear even if vehicle lowered 2” (50mm).

Also front kit includes the lower arm rear bushings which OEM are subject to premature failure and expensive to replace (these rear bushings are designed to also incorporate adjustable Caster).

Rear (Camber and Toe) kit is designed to double the existing adjustment range and replaces the four lower arm / highest wearing bushings at the same time. Similar to above Front kit, adjusting the lower arms therefore retaining clearance top of tire to outer fender.

Both front and rear kits include bush extraction tools.

W164/X164, W166/X166, W251, C292
Front Camber and Caster kit #504016M $595
Rear Camber and Toe Kit #504026K $480
DHL worldwide delivery
$30 one kit ($50 front and rear)

PayPal, visa or M/Card.

Dealer inquiries welcome.

Last edited by K-Mac; 11-22-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw m3
Reviving this thread as I'd like to throw on a set of spacers on my OEM wheels
Old 10-19-2019, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 323 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
Originally Posted by patrickd_21
Reviving this thread as I'd like to throw on a set of spacers on my OEM wheels
IMHO, the rears are already close to flush, so only fronts would visually "benefit" with spacers and if so not more than 10mm (do not forget 55mm R14 ball seat bolts).