ML63 AMG (W166) 2011 -2015 (Replaced by GLE63)

Few Issues..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 04:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13’ ML550 4MATIC
Few Issues..

Hello All!

I recently purchased my ML550 and every morning it’s something new with it.

As a previous AMG owner, I like to drive the car a little hard at times, and I’ve noticed that under hard acceleration, I get a loud knocking noise from the car. After digging through the forums, it’s supposedly my transfer case.

Next, when I turn and the gradient in road changes, I notice a slight ticking noise, possibility CV axles or a joint?

Next, from a warm start, I get a ticking noise from the engine bay for a few moments and it goes away. No idea what that could be.

Next, I was cleaning my engine bay (I’m a detail freak) and I moved those poor “cloth” intake tubes out of the way, and they completely disintegrated.

Next, when I’m driving and I have to come to a stop, say I get to a red light, and the ML “kicks” forward like it wants to keep going. Could this be tied to the transfer case? Maybe a valve body or conductor plate issue?

And finally, the car shimmies around when I brake.

I’m gonna probably abuse my warranty on the car, so it’s easier if I can get an idea about what each issue is tied too.

Thanks!

P.S. there’s a few minor issues with the interior too.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,

Sorry to hear about your issues. If you have a warranty in place, i would strongly suggest you take this SUV to a Mercedes Dealer/Mercedes Independent Service Centre and have them look at it.

Seems like you have a list of issues that need attending to!

When your SUV "shimmies" when braking, this could just be down to worn out rotors, they could just be cheap rotors or just warped. Get these changed with Mercedes parts or OEM!
Old 05-24-2019, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13’ ML550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Sunny_AMG
Hey,

Sorry to hear about your issues. If you have a warranty in place, i would strongly suggest you take this SUV to a Mercedes Dealer/Mercedes Independent Service Centre and have them look at it.

Seems like you have a list of issues that need attending to!

When your SUV "shimmies" when braking, this could just be down to worn out rotors, they could just be cheap rotors or just warped. Get these changed with Mercedes parts or OEM!
Just noticed I posted this in the ML63 Subforum, sorry about that. (I have a ML550) ehh 4.7L M278, 5.5L M157, close enough.

I’ll try and get it to the workshop soon. I’ll tell what happened when I hear from Mercedes.