ML63 AMG (W166) 2011 -2015 (Replaced by GLE63)

Powder coating calipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 05:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clk 55 Ml63
Powder coating calipers

Looking to change to red,currently silver. Will that void my mb warranty? In so cal about 1.5 house west of la for the next few months
thanks
Old 05-29-2019, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why???

The SUV looks great as it is, if anything move the rims from 20" to 21", but thats entirely your choice
Old 05-29-2019, 12:21 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
Mercedes will look for every reason to deny a warranty claim so definitely it'll void your brake system warranty if you disassemble it, powder coat, etc. but the rest of the B2B warranty should still be good. FYI, my front calipers were peeling the clear coat but Mercedes denied replacing them because I had an independent shop changed my brake pads. Mercedes said whoever changed it leaked brake fluid onto the caliper causing it to peel.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by diamondblak05
Mercedes will look for every reason to deny a warranty claim so definitely it'll void your brake system warranty if you disassemble it, powder coat, etc. but the rest of the B2B warranty should still be good. FYI, my front calipers were peeling the clear coat but Mercedes denied replacing them because I had an independent shop changed my brake pads. Mercedes said whoever changed it leaked brake fluid onto the caliper causing it to peel.
Mercedes will say and do absolutely anything just not to pay for repairs - i would have pursued it further and got them to pay for the repair/replacement!!!
Old 06-03-2019, 02:13 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E300 Sport:Current 2015 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport- Gone.

There are a number of different shops and some mobile guys who paint calipers, you will be fine painting them and you won't have any warranty issues or function issues with paint.
I did mine on my C300 on the car and they turned out perfect. Also took care of doing a buddy's GT from Red to the Copper gold color as well in paint, and they too were perfect.
Powder coating calipers is not the way to do it, you basically would have to strip the caliper complete to withstand the oven temps to cure the paint, and stripping a caliper is not worth doing.
Not sure where you are located, but feel free to pm me and I can maybe recommend someone in your area. Hope this info helps.