Mobile Electronics and Lighting The archived forum for mobile electronics and lighting equipment for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: R171 Aftermarket 3-way component speaker set (SLK Audio20 Upgrade)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 C204 C250, '05 SLK350 (sold)
FS: R171 Aftermarket 3-way component speaker set (SLK Audio20 Upgrade)

I'm selling my custom speaker kit that I upgraded from my stock R171 Audio20 setup. $650 obo shipped to anywhere in the US. It includes the following:

2x Hertz Space 8 8" Mid-bass woofer
2x Hertz HL70 3.5" Midrange speakers (both mounted to the stock frames)
2x Eclipse 1" Tweeters (40W RMS) (both mounted to the stock assembly with grille)
2x DynAudio X360 3-way crossovers

The 8" and 3.5" speakers are already mounted to the stock R171 speaker assembly so all you need to do is unscrew, remove stock assembly, replace with new assembly, and you're all set. I paid $150 for the custom fit and installation so it saves you a ton of time. Total I paid $1200 for the whole setup, but too bad I sold my R171 a year ago and these have just been sitting around waiting for a new home. These will take up to about 150-200 real watts x 2 channels so any powerful 2 channel amp will rock these. I ran them on a 2x125 amp and i could barely turn it up to halfway before it was too loud for my tastes, and it can go all the way up clean, clear, and hitting hard. I had them installed for only 8 months before I sold the car, so they're in absolutely mint condition and I will guarantee it. Also, the tweeters are plug and play, just connect the wire, snap in, and you're ready to go. For those of you looking to upgrade your Audio20 system and save on installation costs, this is the way to go. The DynAudio X360 Crossover is tuned perfectly to this set already so you don't need to do any tuning yourself.

Pix:

BEFORE:

Stock 8" Midbass driver (cone is cheap and bendable)

Rear of stock 8" Midbass (notice shallow mounting depth)

Stock 3.5" midrange

Stock combo enclosure (notice 8" midbass faces into door and 3.5" midrange is aimed towards the driver)

AFTER:

New 8" driver and midrange installed (Hertz Space 8 and Hertz HL70)

Rear of setup (3.5" driver is silicon glued into enclosure just like the stock one was)

Stock 8" vs. Hertz Space 8

Rear comparison

Front of Space 8 Midbass
Old 12-15-2013, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 slk 280
hmm... cannot view the pictures.