Mobile Electronics and Lighting The archived forum for mobile electronics and lighting equipment for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

iPhone 3G, White, 16 GB, 3.0 FW, Unlocked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
iPhone 3G, White, 16 GB, 3.0 FW, Unlocked

$380, free priority shipping, for my 16 GB 3G. I upgraded to the 32 GB 3G S, so I'm giving MB members the first shot at this before I post it on eBay.

It's priced to sell, since I just upgraded. Cosmetically, I'd rate it in 9.8 condition. The mirrored apple logo on the back has tiny scuffs from putting on/removing the Incase Slider protection case I had on it. The screen is perfect and was always covered with a screen protector.

Functionally, it works perfectly with the new 3.0 firmware. Once I got my 3G S, I completely wiped all my data and content to do a clean install of the new 3.0. Then I took the liberty to Jailbreak 3.0 FW to unlock it. I tested out my girlfriend's T-mobile SIM card on it and it worked perfectly. Just had had to drop the SIM in and it was ready to go. If you're on AT&T, I can do a restore and takeoff the custom firmware (but I'd keep it since it's already jailbroken and allows you to do all kinds of cool stuff). If you didn't know, the 3.0 update has A2DP bluetooth support. That means you don't need a dongle or anything to play music on your bluetooth stereo accessories. More info on the 3.0 upgrade is here. http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

If you don't know what Jailbreaking your iPhone does, it allows you to download alternative apps for your phone (mostly for free). It also allows you to download plenty of utilities for your phone. I already installed the CyCorder which allows the 3G to record video. I didn't want to install anything else at the moment, but can at the buyer's request. Cool utilities include an app to tether your iPhone and use it as a modem. And another utility allows you to download paid apps for free and install them on your phone. I can provide some instructions on how to do that if you're interested. It also allows you to customize the look and layout of your phone. There are literally thousands of themes you can install on your phone, and they're all free.

**My only warning is that if you're going to use this on a non-AT&T network, you'll have to confirm that a Jailbreak/unlocking tool is available before upgrading to any firmware updates after 3.0. The developers of those tools work extremely hard and definitely release their tools shortly after Apple releases their official FW. Jailbreaking/Unlocking these phones are not time consuming or challenging. Thousands of posts and youtube tutorials are all over the web.

Lastly, it comes in the original box with the USB connector and a set of headphones. I will accept paypal or cash if you're dying to do a local pickup/meetup in SoCal.

If you have any questions, just e-mail me directly at astropat@gmail.com. I have pictures on my camera at home, so I can get those out to you if you really need them. If I don't get any responses or takers by tomorrow evening, I'll update the thread with a link to the eBay auction.