Mobile Electronics and Lighting The archived forum for mobile electronics and lighting equipment for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Sirius Satellite Receivers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Buick T-Type, 70 cuda, S65 and a very FAST Truck!
Sirius Satellite Receivers

Do the newer satellite recievers work in the 2006 and earlier cars as long as they are on a MOST network? I have a 2006 S class and I see several of the 2008 and up recievers for sale for a good price.

There are several part numbers out there that seem to change depending what generation they are.

These are newer (2007+) S class recievers that I would like to see if they work in a 2006.

A171 870 15 89 Satellite Radio

A221 820 77 89

Any ideas? Has anyone tried it?

Thank you
Old 02-24-2010, 01:32 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
I am sorry that I cannot provide you with a answer and am sorry if I am high jacking your posting. But I am wondering instead of paying $1,200 for the MB receiver, or $800 for the CarTronics receiver, if it would be best to just buy a Sirius receiver and a direct connect vehicle kit (under $300). I am saying this because I do not channel surf, so I can place the Sirius receiver in the ashtray or glove compartment, or even center console. The only advantage of having the integrated receiver is to operate it through the Comand. But even when I listen to the radio, I have the navigation screen displayed, so knowing what song is playing will not make a difference to me. If I change channels on the Comand, I reach over to the Comand. I could do the same with the Sirius receiver. Also, as in my Delphi FM receiver, when I shut off my previous vehicle, I had to physically turn on the receiver every time I started the vehicle. I do not know if the Sirius receivers will automatically turn on with the vehicle (???). Am I missing something here?
Just my $.02
Mike....
Old 03-01-2010, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mercedes S55 AMG
same problem..

Hey Flight Test...I have a similar problem. I have a 2006 S55 AMG and the parts guy at Mercedes tells me that they no longer make the SDARS receiver for my vehicle. How can that be...it is only 4 years old??!!

Anyways... have you had any luck at finding the SDARS receiver or are you just looking for a different option altogether? The part number I need is B-67-83-0060.

Let me know if you have any insights.

Thanks!!