Mobile Electronics and Lighting The archived forum for mobile electronics and lighting equipment for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Rare Becker Monaco Radio for '51-'52 Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 S550 4-matic, 2014 ML350
FS: Rare Becker Monaco Radio for '51-'52 Mercedes

I am selling an extremely rare Becker Monaco radio, one of the first in a long line of Becker radios produced by Becker Autoradio in Germany. This model was used in 1951-52 Mercedes W187 Chassis 220S models such as the Cabriolet A&B, Sedan, and also in some of the 170V models imported into the USA. The radio is solidly built and heavy. It is a 6 volt unit and features a three position selector knob for three frequency bands, one of which is AM, and the others may be shortwave or weather bands, I'm not sure. It also has four pre-set buttons. The radio is in really nice overall condition, and includes an original Becker speaker, with the original wood grille stamped with the Becker logo. I recieved this radio from the estate of a relative that owned many older Mercedes in the past, and am not sure which car this came out of. I've not tried to power it up, as I'm not sure of the correct connections, and don't want to damage it, so I can't verify operability. Judging from the overall condition, it probably won't take much to get it working. The faceplate and knobs have bright chrome, with a bit of frosting from age. The wood faceplate is oxidized, and will need re-finishing. The speaker looks to be un-damaged, and has the original cloth intact in the grille and over the speaker cone. This unit would make a good addition to an older Mercedes restoration project. I have more pictures available on request.

Asking $799 plus shipping to your address. Thanks. Please email me with questions to: lensbenz@comcast.net
Attached Thumbnails FS: Rare Becker Monaco Radio for '51-'52 Mercedes-becker1a.jpg   FS: Rare Becker Monaco Radio for '51-'52 Mercedes-becker1b.jpg   FS: Rare Becker Monaco Radio for '51-'52 Mercedes-becker1c.jpg   FS: Rare Becker Monaco Radio for '51-'52 Mercedes-becker1d.jpg   FS: Rare Becker Monaco Radio for '51-'52 Mercedes-becker1l.jpg  

FS: Rare Becker Monaco Radio for '51-'52 Mercedes-becker1k.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 S550 4-matic, 2014 ML350
Sold

Radio is now Sold.