Motorcycles A place to discuss motorcycles and ATVs

I got another one YAY!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A woman needs her toys!:98 SL500 for now
I got another one YAY!!

So my husband and I returned form our little deployment in Romania/Bulgaria and rushed outside to start our bikes and ride the next morning when my bike (the TL1000) refused to start his bike of course started at the first crank. I put my battery inside on a trickle charger but did not matter. So my husband had had enough and said "we are going to get you a new bike now!" I tried to look unhappy and say with a heavy sigh "ok dear" but that was not happening

I had been eyeballing the ZX14 in preparation of a long summer touring Europe on our bikes, but folks who are selling them over here are asking for prices like 10K for an 07 with 5k on it! And there are some great deals on Ebay but I have to convince the seller to ship it, and that adds another 1K and up to the price of the bike.

So in order to get us out and about quickly we found a 07 R6s, with 4200 miles down in Ramstein. The fellow wanted 5500 for it, we went to the bank took out 5K, looked at the bike and handed the envelope and away we went with a new ride!
The bike came with:
PCIII
Yosh slip on
GPR steering dampner
2 Icon Jackets (will be selling those)
Icon helmet (will be selling that)
Icon gloves
stock pipe
Blue wind screen (selling that)
frame and swing arm sliders

I am going to keep the bike fairly stock so the only additional mods I am doing/done are:
New set of tires (I am running Metzlers this time, the Germans here swear by them lol.)
Solo tail (on the way)
steel braided brake lines (on the way)
tank grips (on the way)
Integrated turn signals/mirrors
ECB HH brake pads (sitting on my tool box)
ECB rotors (on the way)

I am back and forth on the shocks though, I may get them re stuffed but for my level of riding both on track/street I do not think I need to.
Attached Images    
Old 12-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Congrats on the new bike! While I am a Ninja fan, I don't really like the ZX-14s. I'd rather have a ZX-10 myself, but that's just me.

R6 is a nice bike.