Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C63 mod junkie here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KTM 200 xcw
New C63 mod junkie here

Hello everyone, I've been lurking as a guest for several weeks before signing up.

I recently purchased a used 09 C63, what I believe to be a P30 car.

Coming out of the domestic sports car scene, I'm loving the C63 so far, It's not quite as fast as I expected it to be but, climbing out of my blown, cammed GTO with 580WHP/560WTQ through a big 3200 stall and into the C63, I'm missing about 200 WHP/WTQ.

The two cars are worlds apart to say the least, I love my GTO and can't start it up and hear it without getting a huge smile on my face, there's nothing like a nasty cammed, whining American V8.

I bought this car thinking it was too ridiculously expensive to mod but, after searching and finding fair deals on a few nice used parts, I've started my modding process. I was very hesitant to spend the outrageous money for headers but I went through my very good friend that manages a local shop who has modded my last 4 cars and he was able to get me a great deal on the new set of ARH LT's with an X pipe, I've spoke with Jerry at Eurocharged about my tune which I will get once my exhaust is on and settled in.

I've opted for some carbon fiber pcs (splitter, spoiler, rear diffuser and the grill) since my interior is carbon fiber.

I have my eyes on a few different wheels options but will likely go with the Stance SC5, I don't see the point in spending $4000+ for wheels, I have no intention of racing in any form so, the weight savings of wheels does not matter to me, I'm going for personal looks and not trying to keep up with the Jones's either. My saved $2800+ is better used elsewhere, it sure looks better sitting in my savings account that's for sure.

I also find that this site is lacking several quality threads that most all other forums have in the form of sticky threads. I have found very few DIY threads, I like to do my own work, the more I know about my car the better. Normally I do my own external mods, I never go inside the motor, headers, heads,brakes, etc. I can do all on my own in my garage.

I have also not found any real information on C63 aftermarket stereo equipment, I love to have my music bigger and better than stock, I also love to do this myself, domestics are fairly simple to do and there is tons of info on google to walk a person through the process. Maybe my searches have been empty b/c I'm searching for the wrong things, if any of you can help that would be appreciated.

Thanks so much and I am looking forward to being apart of the MB group.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
Welcome.

Congrats on the new addition.

We have a bunch of members here who came from GTOs, including myself. Would love to see your car in person.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 PM

KTM 200 xcw
Originally Posted by USCGTO
Welcome.

Congrats on the new addition.

We have a bunch of members here who came from GTOs, including myself. Would love to see your car in person.
Thanks and it sits in my garage for now, you're welcome to look at it anytime, bring the exhaust over and we'll knock it out one day.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:13 PM

S55
Love C63 enjoy the ride!!