Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

The Blue C230K That Flies By You On I-90/94

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Coupe
The Blue C230K That Flies By You On I-90/94

Hey everyone!
Proud new owner of a 2002 C230 Kompressor.
Turning out to be an even prouder owner of this bad girl with the help of all of you and your various DIY forums.

I am currently giving my interior a makeover with some duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric paint.

This is my first time trying anything like this, and at first I had my doubts but shes coming out pretty well.

I have just ordered a bunch of interior necessities, need to replace a few other things that I've messed up, but you all know how it is. No matter what, its getting finished... and its going to be perfect. its just taking me a lot of time.

I really don't have the time to explain everything right now but I just thought that now, as my interior comes closer to completion, I'd let you all know what life-savers you have been and to expect my contribution of things I've learned through this lengthy process.

heres the link to pretty much all the pictures (before and after- just uploaded so i havent had time to organize or remove duplicates.

http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/Mu...?sort=3&page=1

I'll be back soon!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:58 AM

C230 Kompressor
Nice job on it man! I did notice that you had one of those cassette tapes with the aux wire coming out of the radio. Did that work for you? I attempted the same thing but my car kept beeping at me...I'm guessing it was telling me that it was not closed all the way. I tried closing it but it was kinda hard...but still pushed it in some more but then when I tried to eject it it got stuck. Thankfully I got it open again and never dared to do it again. Did your's work without the beeping? If so, how did you do it?
Old 06-20-2013, 12:48 PM

2002 C230 Coupe
Thanks man! yeah i had the exact same problem as you, as well as the problem with it getting stuck but tuck the wire to the bottom left, give it a good push (pressing on both sides of the opening cover), until it stops beeping. it took me like 10-15 minutes to do it. I actually just took it out yesterday because my cousin bought a cheap one and the quality sucked. you're going to mess up the wire a little so if you spent less than 20 bucks, dont try anything, return it, pay a little more, and then try it so you don't risk not being able to return it. let me know what happens. mine was supposed to be temporary because I was planning on getting a 2-din, but I've burned holes in my pockets with all this paint. good luck!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:58 PM

C230 Kompressor
Yeah I am trying to earn up for a 2-din as well, and thanks for the advice it did work (although the audio quality was pretty bad like you said bc it was a cheap thing too) but either way it did work. The wire is getting a little beat up but I am okay with it since it was cheap. Anyways thanks for the advice and good luck!