Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Moving from Lexus to Mercedes this year!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:54 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
The Emerald Cruiser - my 2024 GLE 350
Moving from Lexus to Mercedes this year!

Aloha everyone,

I currently live in Honolulu, HI and drive a 2008 Lexus RX350. My wife and I decided to upgrade our vehicle and after several weeks of consideration, Mercedes won out over BMW. In other words, we don't have a Mercedes yet, but will hopefully be giving ourselves a very nice Christmas present.

That being said, we still haven't decided on which one - we've considered the C Class, the E Class and, of course the M Class. I really like the size and cargo capacity of an SUV, but the sedans are very nice as well. I really love the aggressive front end of the 2014 E Class.

I'm not opposed to purchasing CPO, but my wife wants a new vehicle, whatever we finally decide to purchase. I'm just hoping that, should we decide to get a 2013 model, the price will go down a bit towards the end of the year. Every little bit helps

I'm also an iPhone user, so I was really excited to hear about the "iOS in the Car" initiative announced at Apple's WWDC last month. Mercedes was one of the car companies specifically listed as supporting that initiative in its 2014 MY vehicles. For that reason, I may just purchase a 2014 model, although I don't know which specific models will support iOS in the Car.

Anyway, I'm originally from Tampa, Florida, although I was able to spend eight years in North Carolina during my childhood. I spent 22 years in the US Navy, was able to get an undergrad degree in Computer Science, then a Master's degree in Information Systems, and now am enjoying life in Honolulu with my wife of 19 years and her family. I really can't wait to get our first Mercedes and drive it around town!