Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

E350 external mirrors tilt.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 03:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2021 AMG E53 Sedan
E350 external mirrors tilt.

Hi, everyone. I am a new member. I just bought a 2014 MB E350, and I came across a couple of problems with the car, as follows:
1 - The Operation Manual stinks, has more pages waisted about warnings how not to do this and not to do that than real information. A lot of rubbish. Further, when we reach the important point, tells us very little, it send us to the Digital Operations Manual (DOM). Of course, you have to go to the car, switch ignition on, waist a lot of battery charge reading the DOM, and on the end, you might not get an answer.
2 - This is the case of TILTING THE OUTSIDE MIRRORS WHEN WE PUT THE GEAR IN REVERSE. This is a very usefull feature when we try to park the car on the street and other places.
The DOM is mute as far as this in the chapter referent to the "External Mirrors". There is information, but not about tilting.
Well, I got the solution for all of the 2014 MB E350 owners.
It is as follows:
1 - Start the car.
2 - Engage gear in reverse.
3 - On the driver door, press the right mirror switch.
4 - Press the lower arrow of the mirrors control. The right mirror will tilt till the point that you are satisfied.
5 - Now, and lastely, PRESS MEMORY BOTTOM ONCE on the driver side door. Do NOT press bottoms 1, 2, or 3 on that Memory control.
6 - Et Voilá, the problem is solved. As soon as you roll the car forward, the mirror wil go back to its normal position... and tilts every time that you engage the reverse.
Too bad that does not work for the left side. MB thinks that nobody in the US parks the car on the left...My old 2005 Acura RL had that feature.