Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Newbie with 300E

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2013 | 08:10 PM

300E
Newbie with 300E

Hi there, I am new to the world of Mercedes ownership. I have been given a 300E. I do not know exactly what specification is, was hoping perhaps some of your experts could tell me based on the poor quality pictures I took over the weekend. All I know about the car is it's a 300E, I assume it's a petrol engine. It was parked up in a garage 3 years ago and apparently had no known mechanical issues at that time. I haven't tried to start it, I couldn't work out how to open the bonnet! Plan it to recover it on a trailer in a couple of weeks time back to my place. I guess it will need some recommissioning after being sat for so long - like a service, likely new battery and tyres which are likely to have flat spots from standing.

If anyone can shed any more light on what I have that would be great. Sorry the pictures aren't all that great. I'd be interested to hear what year you think it is. Think I've been quite lucky getting it for free after helping with a house move.
I'll try to keep the stupid questions to a minimum! Thanks Jack
Old 08-17-2013 | 11:05 AM

2004 C230 Kompressor, 1995 c280
Jack,

beautiful car -love that color. I'm in the U.S. and here every 300e model I have seen has a gas engine and NOT diesel. in contrast, The 300 "D" model is designated for vehicles made to use diesel. To release the hood look under the dash in the drivers side front near the steering wheel, there is typically a recessed lever often red in color that releases the bonnet.

Good luck with the project!