Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

CLK63 BS & C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C55, 2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series
CLK63 BS & C55

A proper introduction from my humble roots to my current garage

I grew up with my parents always owning Mercedes-Benzes (none AMG though), we had every generation of ML, and an S-Class. So when it was time for me to start driving, naturally my parents bought me my own Mercedes (albeit a small one)

What I got was a 2002 C230 Kompressor Sportcoupe and I loved it! I had bought it second hand and there was some travesty on the tailgate that was quickly removed after it got home. I'm proud to say even at that age I knew the difference between a real AMG and a fake one. It was a great little car but was severely damaged when I hit a huge pothole at night that bent 3 of the 4 rims, popped all the tires, bent the frame, and broke 2 engine mounts. I was sad to see it go :crying:

However, I cut my losses and moved on...and got a nice 2006 CLK350 Coupe. This was the first car I actually started to work on, upgrade, and track. I gave it H&R Sport lowering springs, a custom catback exhaust, lightweight alloys with wider aggressive tires, and EBC Redstuff brake pads. I though it was just the business!

But somehow something was missing...I craved more power and more oomph. Back on the market I went and concluded that the perfect car for me was an AMG C-Class.

I could not have been more excited the day I picked it up!

After I bought it, I went on a track day and felt that this car had a lot of potential that could be unlocked, and thus began a 3 year journey to where it is today. I have to say, this car isn't just a car to me anymore, it's a part of me, it has my blood, sweat, and tears in it, and to me it's the most wonderful thing in the world.

First thing that went on the list, was the midsection. Removed were all the cats and replaced with straight pipes.

Before:

After:

Next to happen was new suspension. Out went the stock suspension and in went H&R race springs. Not only was it stiffer, tighter, and sharper, it also dropped the car.

I took a break from the performance aspect and went to make the car a little more friendly, in my opinion, and retrofitted C63 paddles.

After a bit, I still felt this car had more to give. So into Fluid Motorunion it went for an ECU tune and picked up 19 hp at the wheels, a flatter torque curve, and a lot more responsiveness!

Next up, the aesthetics, aerodynamics, and the rest of the exhaust of the car were addressed. The stock bumper was removed in favor of a carbon fiber one with an integrated diffuser. The hole where the spare tire wheel well stuck out into was covered with aluminum to reduce drag. The remaining OEM exhaust was stripped out and replaced with 2 straight through resonators.
And since the new bumper didn't have tow hook cutouts, a new permanent tow hook mount was installed. I also got wider wheels and painted satin black. To fit the wider wheels, the fenders were rolled and widened.

Next up were STÄTUS Ring bucket seats.

Coming soon is a full interior strip and full cage!

And currently the DD is my 2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series!