Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

First Time Long Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S500
Unhappy First Time Long Time

Greetings,

I've been following the S-Class gang for two years, just about how long I've had my 05 S500...I will apologize in advance for breaking the rules....This is all new to me...I do have a question....I believe my trunk is broken. It will nor open with the remote key fob or the button inside the car. There is a silver/chrome piece sticking out from where you would press the button on the trunk. Also, not sure if this is related, but the fuel filler door will not unlock. I managed a temporary home remedy....duck tape up the "hole" so that I can gas up...Now my car doors won't lock!...I need to mention that while I was fooling around with the trunk and the mechanical key...the alarm went off a few times but I was able to stop it with the key fob...Can someone perhaps identify with a similar problem? Is the trunk issue related to the fuel filler AND door locking issue? Is there a way to lock my doors? Is there a factory reset that will allow me to lock and unlock the vehicle. Before I get crushed for the duct tape..I only did that so that I may gas up before I can get a true remedy. Sorry for the diatribe, but I, like many, I believe really like (Love) my 500 and want things to be the way they were thanks....