Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

CLK 320 Convertible Headliner problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 320
CLK 320 Convertible Headliner problem

Hi all new to this site
I have a 2001 clk320 w208 convertible.
My problems are as follows:-
1. The rear window plastic surround has come away from aluminium track with most of the tabs broken, is there any easy fix? Can I get just the plastic surround?
2. Around xmas 2012 the top started playing up, and I had to top up the hydraulic reservoir and then again in March, I did notice a bit of hydraulic fluid on the boot once or twice. Anyway 2 weeks ago while putting the top down the roof cover would not lock down, I eventually got it locked then nothing the roof would not open, the red roof switch light stays on and I get a warning bell when driving, when trying to use the switch it flashes fast.
Also the rear headrests do not move and the red light flashes for about 10 sec on starting the car.
I have taken all the linings out including the metal cover over the pump, I have switched the relays between the hydraulic pump and the fuel pump.
I have topped up the hydraulic fluid.
I have also replaced the rear bow lock assembly as this was the cause of the fluid on the boot, I am hoping it is not the pump.

Thankyou Greenman