Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

CLS550 Bluetooth Quality Concerns

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550 2014, GL450 2008, 350Z 2008, Kia Optima 2012
CLS550 Bluetooth Quality Concerns

I am the proud owner of a 2014 CLS550, which I absolutely Love!

BUT is Anyone else experiencing similar issues / concerns with BT quality? I have had major quality issues with phone calls (and to some degree streaming of music). I also have talked with another owner of a '13 CLS; he has same issues. I have attempted 3 phones, which are all on the compatibility list, Motorola Droid Maxx (newer phone), Samsung S4 (works the best) and iPhone 4s. Motorola and MB Tech support have spent hours on this, the Dealer has looked at the vehicle (young guy who seemed to know his stuff). Nothing offered for a solution yet - only finger pointing. Really takes away form the "New Car Experience..."

My Kia has Much better sound quality than this one! My 2008 GL450 w/ Bt Puck sounds awesome! But my brand new CLS sounds like I am in a VW with windows open driving 90 mpg (I am told) by various parties. Their voice coming through my speakers, crackles, muffled, then sounds fine, then crackles again? Streaming of music from phone will have skips every 30-45 seconds? Oh, and yes, i have adjusted the incoming and outgoing volumes according to the guidelines.

Any advice? Anyone else having same experience? I have tried 3 phones. Getting expensive, but cheaper than buying a new Car .. Lol