Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Good day!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320 wagon, E420
Good day!

I have just begun to renew my 1988 190E 2.3 with 100,000 miles.My kid drove it last and unfortunately it overheated on him so it has been in the garage for some six months.

In removing the spark plug wires, the two rear ones broke off and in researching how to unmuck that situation I found this forum. Most of my Benz repair experiences have been with my W124 Station wagons, a 91 300TE and a 95 E320, so I've never really seen a self destructive spark plug arrangement like the one in this engine. From what I've read it looks like the best way to deal with it is to break the plug and be careful so as not to allow any dirt into the cylinder. I would appreciate any words of wisdom from this august site.

I've not found any evidence of head gasket failure but do plan on replacing the valve stem seals... and now wires as well.

Thank you for allowing me the pleasure of joining your forum and i look forward to meaningful conversations with youse guys.

sincerely,

nestorb98