Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

New Member, ML320 owner, Euro import tech(Lincoln Tech Graduate-working since 3/2012)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 ML320
Unhappy New Member, ML320 owner, Euro import tech(Lincoln Tech Graduate-working since 3/2012)

hello MBWorld,
I own a ML320 and I am a recent graduate of Lincoln Technical Institute in Columbia, Maryland. I've been working in the field for approximately 18 months, entirely on the European imports.(needless to say I am NOT a seasoned vet, but I am relentlessly trying to learn!!!) I have used this forum many times to help me sharpen my diagnostic skills and have been impressed with the vast wealth of knowledge and info MBWorld has to offer.I have recently come across a peculiar and frustrating job on a 2002 SLK230. The car intermittently wont start. No crank, lights on dash are on, but car won't even shift into neutral, so shift lock won't disengage. I initially diagnosed a bad ignition switch, electrical portion only. Seemed to work, but customer returned the following day with same problem,but worse. So I am now ready to condemn the alarm system, as the alarm siren doesn't sound when I set off the antitheft system. Also the convertible doesn't work properly. Come to find out the control modules for these devices are all part of the Pneumatic pump assembly in the trunk spare tire well. Apparently this is subject to moisture/water due to clogged drains around the trunk. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to a remedy or similar experience/resolution. The biggest problem being the no start condition. Thank you.