Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2014 E350 Coupe European Delivery - October 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 coupe
2014 E350 Coupe European Delivery - October 2013

Hi all-
I’m new to this forum and joined to share my recent experience with other MB owners and fans. There have been other EDP posts on this forum that have gone into much greater detail than I will about this experience.

About a year or so ago my wife and I decided it was time to replace our 2004 CLK 320 and we decided we’d go with a new E350 coupe. We came very close to purchase when two things happened: 1) I came across news of a 2014 facelift and 2) we decided to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary with an extended trip to Europe. It was then that we pondered taking a European delivery and delaying our trip from April to this past October. This turned out to be a very smart idea.
We spoke with our local MB dealer who said he could arrange everything and so we started planning, first securing our airfare with FF miles and then setting on a delivery date. Everything went very smoothly with the dealer and we followed up with the helpful staff at MBUSA who arranged our hotel in Stuttgart. We decided on a Saturday drop-off in Munich following a driving tour through Southern Bavaria, and crossing the Bavarian Alps into Innsbruck. The drop-off location (Loginout) at the Munich airport was easy to find and was a breeze to complete. Contrary to published hours, they accommodate MB drop-offs on Saturday (by appointment) at no extra charge.
We took the complementary taxi from Stuttgart to the EDC in Sindelfingen. Once there, the paperwork was easy and quick. We caught the factory tour in English and then had a wonderful complimentary lunch before taking delivery. The “concierge” assigned to us spent as much time with us as we wanted in familiarizing us with the car and helping to program the nav system for our itinerary. We then departed on our journey and our first stop in Heidelberg.
This was a fabulous experience and we would do this again in a heartbeat. The entire experience was flawless and our car is now on its way to Brunswick, GA and then to our dealership.
Instead of writing on and on about the delivery, I would be happy to answer any inquiries and address any particular questions. Bottom line…this was wunderbar!!

Attached Thumbnails 2014 E350 Coupe European Delivery - October 2013-img_0171.jpg   2014 E350 Coupe European Delivery - October 2013-img_0432.jpg   2014 E350 Coupe European Delivery - October 2013-img_0172.jpg   2014 E350 Coupe European Delivery - October 2013-img_0398.jpg   2014 E350 Coupe European Delivery - October 2013-img_0369.jpg