Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

newbie here; just picked up CLS55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55
newbie here; just picked up CLS55

2006 with 48,000 miles

I really know very little about cars but saw this rig and had to have it, the car is nearly mint and the guy (2nd owner) made a few mods but I do not have all the details. There are 20" wheels, modified AMG brakes and different grill but nothing else I am aware of.

All scheduled services have been done on time sand I specifically had the airmatic suspension and brake system checked on Star / DAS?, all good.

Living in Dubai where roads are more dangerous than anywhere but Iraq or Afghanistan, I needed a car with a little more heft, 2 tons should do it

I am looking for advice about the car, I definitely do not need to go faster or make any huge mod investments. My key interest is to have minimal problems and not spending a fortune on maintenance or electrical problems.

Today I will work on getting through car manual, there seem to be too many bells and whistles for me, I would gladly disable any feature that is known to be problematic.

Would appreciate recommendations on settings to drive around the city, I vary rarely drive outside the city.

Thank you in advance to anybody who has time to help out a new owner with little knowledge or technical expertise.

Last edited by jonspencer; 11-12-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:29 AM

2003 E-240
Service brake, visit workshop (in red)

I tried through the emc agency but they refused as the car is more than 10 years old, so i had to pay for the pump, dhs. 4000 after the discount, and the computer is around dhs.8000 but i was lucky mine wasnt bad and is functioning well.

Good luck
Old 12-02-2013, 07:34 AM

2006 CLS55
kind of you to reply

did you use an independent garage in Abu Dhabi or Dubai?

no problems after repair?

can you share the name of the garage you used?

MANY THANKS!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:35 AM

2006 CLS55
my car is within the warranty but Gargash is saying it could only be the reservoir and not the pump yet.

under the warranty they replace both