Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

new S600 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 05:03 PM
LTe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 S600
new S600 owner

So i just bought a black 2001 S600. I like the car alot but I am regretting buying it. Ive owned for less than 2 weeks now. ABC system has already been repaired, the secondary air pump just started a high pitched whine in the last few days and as of this last friday night, I have developed an oil leak on the back side of my engine which im sure is the oil cooler. unfortunately for me, the car did not come with a warranty.

I really wish there was a way to relocate the oil cooler but the engineer's must have been high and thought it was funny to put it under the cylinder heads.

I bought this car kinda on a whim and really didnt know what i was getting into. Fortunately the ABC isnt leaking anymore as that has been repaired. Its just that I see the repair bill's others have had for the oil cooler is around $4k.

I used to be a mechanic and could perform the work myself but I would have to use vacation time to repair it as im always normally busy with family and work.

I apologize if my first post seems jaded but I have only owned this car since 10.31.13 and its already becoming a money pit. So im debating on trading it off and just cutting my losses and getting an E55 or just fixing the car.

im sure this is a long shot but if anyone know's a company that makes an oil cooler relocation kit and a way to block off the coolant flow that goes into the cooler, that would be great info to acquire.