Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

2004 E500 4MATIC Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 Wagon
2004 E500 4MATIC Wagon

Hello fellow Benz Owners!!! I am now the proud, very proud, owner of a 2004 Mercedes Benz 4MATIC Station Wagon. It is the most beautiful car I have ever owned, truly in incredibly engineered car. I paid 15,000 for a car of this caliber with only 64,000 miles on it. Lots-o-life left.
With that said, I am a realist, so to work I go.
2 Days after I got it, changed out the heater exchange valve – I knew exactly what the issue was and how to fix it thanks to this community, I even knew to get those stupid plastic clips I broke before I started the project(flipping expensive from the dealer) – in short your MB community rocks.
I am now set to preventive work on changing out the front airmatic suspension to Arnotts (Seems to be the choice on this site) I will start with the right and then the left – hopefully I can get them done in a weekend.
I also have the front end vibration, so while the car is up and the tires are off – I will change out the ball joints(I think on this model there are 2 lower and 1 upper) and the lower control arm.
I am taking this endeavor on because this site has given me the confidence(with your DIYs) to get them done. I appreciate any additional help or tricks to get this done, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
While I have the car up and the tire off, let me know if I should get anything else done preventative.
I am proud to be an owner of the 2004 Mercedes Benz 4MATIC Wagon and part of this community. In advance thanks to everyone who keeps the place moving forward.
Go Benz,
Craig
P.S. Why do people use the term Merc!