Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Awesome Forum !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350 2006
Awesome Forum !!!

One week newbie here, and I wanted to thank all the folks who have posted great info that helped me tackle several items needing repair.

I was in for a recent oil change and the dealer told me my wife's 2006 e350 was throwing a bunch of codes, needed tires, etc., and presented me with a quote for $6375. I almost fell off my chair.

p0015 (replace camshaft magnet $484)
p0335 (replace CPS $651)
p0356 (replace ignition coil $378)
p2006 (replace manifold $2478)
4 tires and alignment $2488

My MB dealer is very, very, VERY expensive. They charge double the price on parts and I have no idea where they get their labor rates from. I understand they need to pay rent, mechanics, etc., but charging 10-12 hours labor for three jobs that took me less than an hour? And the parts cost me less than $100, when they wanted at least double. Also got a nice set of tires installed and an alignment for less than $1200.

Cleared all codes and the only code that returned is p2006. Time for more research because there's no way I am going back to the dealer for the manifold replacement!

Thanks again for all the help !

Neil
Rockland County NY