Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Upgraded from 2000 C280 to 2010 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC Sport
Upgraded from 2000 C280 to 2010 C300

I recently hit 250K in my 2000 Mercedes C280 Sport, and decided the car has been so good to me, I will buy a newer model.

I decided to get a 2010 C300 Sport, Premium 1, 4Matic, Nav, Command, and all options except the rear window shade and Panoramic roof.

Love the car so far. Any advice, pointers, etc?

The 280 was GREAT! 250K was quite the feat.
The single blade wiper was my only REAL problem. The plastic to metal gearing would strip in the winter when the blade was iced to the windshield. Must of replaced the motor 3 times. Not too bad, about 150, and I did all the work. First time figuring it out sucked, but after that it was like a 20 min job.
I spilled some water over the shifter making a protein shake, needless to say it shorted out a sensor, and I was stuck in 1st gear after manually unlocking the transmission. That was expensive to replace.... But it was a stupid mistake.
Mobil 1, and Premium gas got that car very far.

Recently getting married, and having high mileage, with various annoyances I decided to upgrade.
- Vacuum line wasn't working, power locks, rear headrests stuck up etc.
- Trunk mechanism must have gotten stripped, I had to go in through the back seats..... funny looking back.
- Seats would only adjust at certain times. Not a big problem as it was usually just me in the car, and when the wife wanted to kick back she couldn't. Oh well.
- NO CD CHANGER. It was in there, but it would only work when the battery was disconnected and I reprogrammed the code on the dash.
- Dash readings wouldn't really show. The numbers were missing or only parts making it tough to read.
- Interior bulbs I just never replaced, waste of time really.
- Engine vibrations at a stop.
- Having to move shifter very slow, ever so gingerly, to prevent stalling for cold starts.
- ABS/BAS light coming off and on.

Anyways, again just looking for any pointers, problems, things to expect. I always worry about the high reliance on electronics and computers. Too much to go wrong. Not worried at all about the engine, and drivetrain.

The 280 was basically a tank, I had that car basically submerged in water up to the windows, at least splashing over the hood I want to say 3 or 4 times.