Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

central locking and ignition failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180 1994
central locking and ignition failure

I have a C180 1994. I have owned it since June. It came with 2 mechanical keys there are no remote keys for it.
I have an intermittent problem. Sometimes the key will only unlock the mechanical locks (drivers, passenger and boot). The central locking will not operate. On these occasions the car will not start. The key goes into the ignition, the ignition turns and all lights come on. In the past I have left it for up to 2 weeks and then it starts again.
The battery is fine, there are no blown fuses. The vacuum pump is not operating on these attempts to open the door. However when it starts again it will operate many times before occurring again.
I found in an online manual, reference to DAS(driver authorization system), this is operated pneumatically; so as the pump is not working this is not functional( I think).
Am I following the right process to solve this problem. Would it help to disconnect the battery and leave it off. I have not so far in case there should be a remote fob for it that would be instrumental in resetting the locking and immobilizer system. Please help