Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

w126 No spark

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W126 380se
w126 No spark

Hi newbie here,

I recently purchased a 1984 w126 380se and I was cleaning the distributor cap and rotor, after i did this, I put rotor and distribution cap back and now there is no spark. I took off the lead plugs and checked and there is nothing. The rotor can only be put back in one position. I cannot understand why this is happening.

Will the idle valve control have anything to do with this problem?

I cannot find a OVP to check if it's still in tact.. checked between 2 firewalls and cannot find an OVP. Are these hidden away somewhere else perhaps?

Thanks in advance

Sergio Lasagni
Old 01-05-2014, 04:09 PM

1991 300 SE
no start

maybe you pulled the coil wire out...if there is no spark now and was before...pretty sure you messed up a part of wire someplace..
back track every part you touched.. Even if you put wires back in the wrong order, you would still hear car try to turn over... the cap has the firing order of each wire right on the cap.... (little numbers)
Old 01-09-2014, 07:30 AM

W126 380se
Thanks for the advise jerri2222, The distributor cap was faulty, the spring the connects to the rotor had fallen out. Bought a new one and it's working. Sorting out other issues now. Need to find a idle control module. Can't seem to find one here in South Africa.

Holding thumbs...