Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

accident with no airbag deployed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c300
accident with no airbag deployed

hey guys, im new to forum ive made an account in attempt to get some input and answers to a recent incident i have encoutered. So i have owned my 2008 Mercedes benz c300 for about 2yrs now. took it into dealership where i purchased it to have maintance done everytime it was needed or required. The vehicle had about 100,000 miles on it when i recently wrecked it going to work. Im a hard working paramedic and am used to seeing car accident but let me tell you. It is completly different when you are involved in the accident. So it was early morning just before day light. 6:30am as i was driving on country road when i sudddenly hit a cow on the road. There were about 4-5 cow on the road i only had chance to brace for impact as i tried to steer away from cows. i ended up hitting the last cow in the rearend at 65mph causing major damage to front/hood/windshield/front of roof before launching cow over car. Sorry to say the cow died instantly. radiator coolant, transmition and motor oil all over the road as i pulled off the side of the road. To my suprise none of the airbags deployed in the vehicle. the seatbeat restraint me back as the head liner of the car struck me in the head when the front of the roof prior to the sunroof collapsed. i was dazed and somewhat confused at the time of accident when i dialed 911. The car looked totalled to me. i have moderate pain to neck and back after accident. Why Woundn't airbags deploy? I will post pic of vehicle soon as i learn how. does anyone know where the crash sensors for this car are located at?

Last edited by cordero.lupe; 01-03-2014 at 11:32 AM.